Apostle Dr Paul Gitwaza whose calling from God has had a major impact on the spiritual lives and well-being of thousands of people across the world, turned 52 years old on 15 August ,2023.
Gitwaza is one of the champions who played a major role in Rwanda, which led to healing and forgiveness. He reached Rwanda shortly after the country had experienced its darkest period of the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi, when trauma and despair was high.
It’s been years in ministry, and one of his other great impacts in the country, in Africa as a continent and worldwide is his ability to plant churches.
Below are important things you need to know about Gitwaza, one of the most influential servants of God in Rwanda and on the continent.
- Gitwaza was born on 15th August, 1971.
- Gitwaza is the last born in a family of seven.
- Gitwaza was born to the family of Pastor Andrew Kajabika, who breathed his last in 2012, and Lea Nyirabasabaga, who also breathed her last in 2021.
- Gitwaza was born in Uvira at the Kavinvira Health center in the Democratic Republic of Congo, near the Burundi border.
- Gitwaza’s family moved to Bijombo, Southern Kivu in the East of the Democratic Republic of Congo Later in 1972.
- Gitwaza’s childhood was characterized by tranquility, generosity and prayer.
- In 1989, Gitwaza enrolled from the Kisangani University in the Democratic Republic of Congo, from where he did Psychology and Agriculture.
- Gitwaza went to Nairobi in 1993.
- Gitwaza came to Rwanda on October 1, 1995.
- In1997, Gitwaza was ordained Pastor.
- Gitwaza got married to Angelique Nyinawingeri.
- Gitwaza has three sons: Elyse, Luke and David.
- Gitwaza holds two PhD Degrees in Theology and Ministry.
- Gitwaza is a member of the International Coalition of Apostolic Leaders (ICAL).
- Gitwaza is the founder of Authentic Word Ministries and Zion Temple Celebration Center.
- Apostle Gitwaza held his first crusade at the former National University of Rwanda in Butare
- In 2000, in partnership with other church leaders, Gitwaza organized a big conference titled, “Heal our Land.”
- in 2000,Gitwaza founded an international Christian gathering “Africa Arise and Shineconference” locally known as Africa Haguruka to awaken Africans on the continent and in the Diaspora to arise and live Christ-Centered lives and play a pivotal role in the transformation of the African continent.
- Since 2020, Gitwaza has been in the United States of America where he was establishing new Zion Temple parishes.
- In 2022, Gitwaza unveiled a global prayer mountain in Kigali, “Mount Hermon.”